1. Go to the control panel and click User Groups.
2. Click Create new group
3. Enter a name of the group, select whether this a permissions group and/or notification group and click Save.
Tip: Describe in the Notes field for the group what the purpose of the group is.
Notifications are sent from the emergency preparedness module. Hence the notification function is only available to people who have that module.
4. Click the Permissions tab to set up permissions for the group.
5. Click the module for which you want to define permissions.
All modules marked with a green check mark are available to define own permissions. You cannot define own permissions for modules marked in white. These modules have separate system groups that grants permissions.
The illustration above does not necessarily correspond to the current list as the system is being developed and new options are being made available.
6. To set up rights, click Enable permissions for this group.
7. Edit the permissions by checking and unchecking the boxes in the matrix. Click Save when done.
Description of selection:
To module overview
Navigates back to the module overview
Quick selector for the module for which you want to view/define permissions
Copy permissions from another group
You can work on the basis of another group's permissions when setting up your own
Saves changes you have made
Resets changes to the previous save
Remove all rights
The module's permissions are disabled
Create, Configure, Access to the module
Create: permissions to create new records
Access to module: the users does not have access to the module if this is not checked
Note: These selections may vary from module to module.
8. When you have set up the permissions, you can edit who is a member by clicking on the Members tab.
Changes made to permissions take effect immediately, and members of the group now have the permissions that were set up.
Note: When adding or removing members from groups, users affected must log out and back in again for the new permissions to take effect.